Tamara Bonet Sculpture, Bronze and Ceramic Figurative Art
Bronze, Ceramic, About, and Contact

Figurative clay sculpture update

Figurative clay sculpture update

Hi all,

Here’s an update to my figurative clay sculpture of a woman relaxing with her feet in the water.  I adjusted her neck and head to a more relaxed position. Hopefully it looks better now.  It’s hard to tell sometimes after I’ve looked at it for a while.  Some lace has been added to her dress to the top area.  Since this was supposed to be a rough sketch type of sculpture, there are going to be things that aren’t spot on and that will have to do. Otherwise it would be a refined sculpture and she isn’t that.  I’ve enjoyed doing this type of sculpture very much.

There’s just some more to go here and there but the basics of her is complete.  Thanks for looking and comments are appreciated as always.

~Tamara

Front view of woman putting her toes in the water sculpture.

Front view of woman putting her toes in the water sculpture.

Front view of woman sculpture.

Front view of woman sculpture.

Closeup of woman resting on the grass sculpture.

Closeup of woman resting on the grass sculpture.

Closeup of woman sculpture.

Closeup of woman sculpture.

Side view of woman sculpture.

Side view of woman sculpture.

Back side of woman.

Back side of woman.

8 Responses to “Figurative clay sculpture update”

1. Teresa Bledsoe says:

Tamara: She is so pretty. She reminds me a little of Kristy. Did you fashion her after someone in particular?

2. Tamara Bonet says:

I didn’t have any person’s face in mind. I just started sculpting a pretty face and that’s what came out. :-) She does look like Kristy somewhat (and Kristie’s such a pretty girl)now that you mention it. Sometimes people’s faces are in my subconcious and it comes out without my knowing it. For instance, when I sculpted my Patsy sculpture I didn’t realize I was sculpting my close friend Pat who I hadn’t seen for 20 years! I ended up giving the sculpture to her when she moved back to the states from Hawaii.

Look forward to seeing you at Aunt Chris’!

3. Christine says:

Wow you never stop amazing me

4. Hi Tamara! Been a while. This is as lovely as all your work. So much grace there. It’s good to see your work again. I’m still sculpting but have not put any on my website. I need to do that.

5. Ave says:

Dear Tamara,
    She reminds me of myself: resting on a rock, feet dipped in a river (it’s the Virgin River). There’s some kind of a pain in her face (coming from the heart, I suppose). And that pain is being carried away…gracious river!
    I may be completely wrong. Tell me, what’s the woman’s story. What was on your mind as you were bringing her face to life?
    Love your work.
    x

6. Tamara Bonet says:

Hi Scout (Shirley)- Glad you stopped by to comment. I still go over to SC community and check out what’s new with everyone. Hope you’re doing well with sculpting and your grandkids. Thanks for your comments.

7. Tamara Bonet says:

Ave- I do want her to have some additional feelings expressed in her face such as some type of pain. The title of her alludes that she is escaping something by it saying “Where my soul can rest”. But I want her to be peaceful at the same time. Thanks for giving your thoughts about her.

8. Writtick Pakhira says:

Hii,Tamara .your works are beautiful.I love these clay sculptures.I am from India.I also make sculptures .I need some help from you can you please tell me how to prepare clay for making a sculpture as whenever I make sculptures,after drying there always some break in those models.